Applicant must be undergoing active treatment for a blood cancer (leukemia, lymphoma, myeloma) at the Texas Medical Center (TMC).
- Applicant’s permanent home address must be more than 50 miles from the TMC, or 25 miles for stem cell transplant patients with doctor’s orders to be within 15 minutes of the hospital.
- Applicant and caregiver may stay in a Halo House apartment for a minimum of two weeks up to a maximum of three months.
To UPDATE your need date for an existing application, send an email to: mail@HaloHouseFoundation.org
“Wait List” Information:
- After your application is submitted you will be added to our “wait list,” and you will receive a confirmation email within 4 days.
- Because of the overwhelming need for assisted housing, it is now taking around three months for an apartment to become available.
- Your confirmation will provide suggestions for additional housing options.
- Please do NOT submit a new application to update your need date, but instead please send an email to mail@HaloHouseFoundation.org letting us know the patient’s full name and advising us of the new need date.
NOTE to APPLICANTS:
No smoking and no pets are permitted in the apartment at any time. Halo House reserves the right to refuse housing to patients who have a criminal background. Requests sent to Halo House are kept confidential, and by submitting this application, applicant agrees to the release of this information to Halo House staff or volunteers for purposes of placing an applicant in an apartment, and following up with our guests.
Fees: There is a one-time cleaning fee of $75, a security deposit of $100, and a monthly occupancy fee of $600.
If you print out the application form, please complete all information, and fax it to us at 713-391-8365. Please provide an email address so that we many confirm receipt of your application. Apartments will be filled based on earliest application date matched with “need date”.