[ vol-uhn-teer ]
- A person who performs a service willingly and without pay.
- A person who is passionate, reliable, has integrity, is a team player, and has lots of energy.
- A person who can change the world.
- A person who is ready to partner with us to make a difference in the lives of people battling blood cancers.
We love our volunteers!
We are looking for people who are passionate about what we do, are great communicators, love working as part of a team, and have positive energy and personalities. If this describes you, then we would be happy for you to become a part of the Halo House team and donate your time and talents to our mission.
At Halo House, there are a lot of things that need to be done – answering phones, assisting guests, moving in new residents, pulling weeds, minor repairs, and everything in between. Whether you want to volunteer with a group or just on your own, we have something for everyone. Getting started is easy, just click the Volunteer Now button and you will be on your way to making someone else’s life a little better each day!
Halo House Heroes
[ hey-loh ] [ hous ] [ heer-ohs ]
- A person who, in our opinion, has special achievements, abilities, or personal qualities and is regarded as a role model to us and to others.
- A person who is admired or idealized for courage, outstanding achievements, or noble qualities.
People need heroes because heroes save or improve lives and because heroes are inspiring. Heroes elevate us emotionally; they heal our psychological ills; they build connections between people; they encourage us to transform ourselves for the better; and they call us to become heroes and help others.